Type of Opportunity: Scholarships
Successful students will be awarded Master of Law degree in Intellectual Property by the Ankara University on behalf of WIPO and TPI.
Field of Study:
- Introduction to Intellectual Property and Research Methodology: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Advanced Patent Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Design Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Trademarks
- Geographical Indications and Traditional Knowledge
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Infringement at Universities
- International Copyright Law
To be considered, applicants shall:
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (open to all disciplines)
- Transcript (minimum GPA: 2.00 / 4.00)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL iBT: 78 / Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Score B, Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): Score C, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE
- Academic): Score 67, Turkish Foreign Language Exam –YDS or YÖKDİL: 65)
- One reference letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose (maximum one page, including two lines indicating if you apply for a scholarship and why)
- ALES score (min. 55, only for Turkish students)
- to pass the entrance exam for Turkish students and self-sponsored international students (held by Ankara University) students are required to send the official documents ot Ankara University upon requests after the selection period.
The scholarships will be available from WIPO and Republic of Turkey for international students from developing countries, least developed countries and countries with economies in transition and cover:
- travel costs
- tuition fees
- subsistence allowance
- medical insurance
WIPO scholarships are awarded to government officials and persons working in the public sector such as universities, academies, and research and development institutions.
Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants.
Successful applicants for scholarships are notified by the awarding institution. Thereafter, they will be provided with relevant information.
How to Apply
- All applicants have to apply online in the WIPO Academy and Ankara University websites (https://www.ankara.edu.tr).
- All Turkish and self-sponsored students should apply through the website of Institute for Social Sciences, Ankara University and attend an entrance exam www.sosbilens.ankara.edu.tr .
- In addition, they should apply through the WIPO Academy website in order to be registered for the WIPO Academy Distance Learning courses planned for the LL.M. program.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (CLICK HERE) before applying