Type of Opportunity: Scholarships
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels;
- You must have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success. Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at University of Pretoria.
The programme will cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
How to Apply